The game is described as a procedural platformer RPG hybrid, which naturally comes with those inevitable roguelike features.
Heroes wade through randomly generated stages, mixing skills and traits to overcome the obstacles, enemies and other dangers across each level they descend. Features include:
- Randomly generated stages, enemies and bosses, resulting in a very replayable game.
- Split screen, local co-op.
- Destructible terrain and multiple uses for each skill gives you plenty of options to approach the different situations generated.
- Tons of skills, abilities, traits and powers that you can unlock in the game, creating a different hero each time.
- Unique combat system where proper planning is more important than quick reflexes.
- Persistent upgrades allow you to carry forward progress between games, with a choice between increasingly expensive persistent upgrades or generally cheaper temporary upgrades.
- Every enemy and boss has been designed to provide challenge and variety.