Another Vita release, another improving performance in the all formats charts. Recent PS Vita games have made it No. 13 (Disgaea) No. 11( Gravity Daze) and now, No. 10 (MGSHD) as sales of systems steadily rise to approaching respectable. Perhaps the 3.3Gb download also put some off getting this digitally.
Chart compiler UKIE says MGS HD sales shot up by 532% (having been out on Xbox and PS3 for some time), so that's mostly all Vita sales (84% according to The Guardian's chart), making it one of the biggest Vita launches outside the console’s first week, only a small number of sales behind Unit 13 and Gravity Rush. It also shows that gamers weren't put off by the lack of the original MGS and Peace Walker in the package. Not bad for a game that had almost no UK marketing either, compared to Japan's lavish efforts.
All formats chart
1. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES - WARNER BROS.
2. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
3. SPEC OPS: THE LINE - TAKE 2
3. LONDON 2012 - SEGA
5. FIFA 12 - ELECTRONIC ARTS
6. TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER - UBISOFT
7. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
8. MAX PAYNE 3 - TAKE 2
9. BATTLEFIELD 3 - ELECTRONIC ARTS
10. METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION - KONAMI
PS Vita chart
1. METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION
2. LEGO BATMAN
3. FIFA FOOTBALL
4. GRAVITY RUSH
Ukie Games Charts ©, compiled by GfK Chart-Track